Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Legally Hitched

(In a big, booming voice)
Behold, London City Hall:


Tower Bridge (left), City Hall (right)

On my way to a friend's house last night, I was keeping an eye out for my directional landmark, Tower Bridge--the world's *cough* England's *cough* most famous bridge (What can I say? It's not the Golden Gate.)--and had simply forgotten that London's also well-known, helmet-shaped City Hall is practically right next to it. I've seen City Hall many times before, but mostly from the opposite side of the river and I am usually in the midst of making some architectural joke about it. Last night, however, I just melted into mush and dialed Alex's mobile.

'Guess where I'm walking by,' I told her.

'Umm...London Bridge?' she replied from her study-induced state.

'City Hall,' I said.

'Oh! [but in that really cute adorable mushy kind of way] Really?' came her response.

'Yeah. I suddenly realized that might be where we get married...' I said.

Having talked about getting 'legally hitched' before the big party, Alex and I have so far come up with London City Hall as our ceremonial pick. Given last night's response, I think it might have to be a pretty good reason not to get legally hitched there, a picturesque wedding along the Thames.

No comments:

Post a Comment