Friday, August 7, 2009

Champagne Diamonds

Not gonna lie, I have started to become distracted lately by shiny things. Sparkly, diamond shaped shiny rings to be exact. Don't get me wrong: I love our engagement rings. But, we agreed simple on the engagement rings and fancy on the wedding rings and like any bride-in-waiting, my left finger's starting to twitch.

It seriously didn't occur to me until recently to start looking for what I actually might want in a wedding ring, especially one with any rocks involved. That changed on Sunday when we were in Old Spitalfields Market in East London and happened by a jewellery stall with a sparkling, square cut "champagne" trio of cubic zirconium set in silver that just happened to fit me by Amanda Mansell. The style was all wrong on me, but the color. The color stuck with me.

Then I was in Liberty today with Christy and figured, what the hey, I might as well try on some of these fancy rings they've got here. I am ENGAGED after all--when do I have a better excuse?

So I did, and it was gorgeous. And guess what? The first ring to catch my eye: a ring of champagne diamonds. Sadly, I can't find pictures online of either ring, but I figured this would suffice to get the point across.


I think Alex and I should try us on some rings. Mission: find a recycled champagne diamond, a designer, a setting, and ring to "match" for Alex--all on a budget. Go.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a nice little article with some links with info on conflict diamonds and alternative possibilities. Although there's some sort of literary term for putting "on a budget" and "diamonds" in the same sentence....what is it again? Oh yeah, OXYMORONIC...;) But good luck, I applaud you for trying!

    http://organicclothing.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/11/eco-jewelry-gre.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robyn! Thanks for the link--a really well researched and informative article. I've blogged a few times about a few of the websites--Brilliant Earth and Green Karat--and Alex and I will probably be looking at them for our rings, if they have bling. Another great California designer is Dawes Designs as well.

    ReplyDelete