Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wyatt Olson Photography

In the mix of academic craziness, dreaming of our weddings has become a common pastime. And sometimes, we actually come up with good ideas. Like lying in bed wide awake one night after discussing Yreka (+ field + barn?) or Ashland as possible wedding locations for the California wedding, I realized that if we had our wedding close to my hometown, people I know and love and have grown up with could be the ones we go to for various wedding needs. Like a photographer. Like Wyatt.

Wyatt Olson is the little brother of one of my bestest friends, Gerard, and whom I've known since he was about 8. (This is when I wish I had a really embarrassing photo of him, but digital just wasn't around like it is now.) Anyhoo, when their sister, Erica (I know, I know, so many Erica's) got married a few years ago, Wyatt took their beautiful wedding photos. Since then, I understand he's built up a little business for himself (yes?): Wyatt Olson Photography.

After finally getting myself to sleep after the excitement of realizing we could ask Wyatt to take our photos, I emailed him the next day to ask if he would mark us on his calender for mid October 2010--and he said yes! And, he'll also take some engagement photos for us this August when we're home visiting--awesome bonus!

So despite that fact that we haven't booked any place for either wedding--and we don't have a photographer for the UK wedding which just happens to be six months sooner than the CA wedding--I'm am nonetheless totally stoked to have a family friend whom Alex and I both adore taking our photos for us!


Wyatt & his other bro, Dylan, stopped by London!
Wyatt and Alex on the London, May 09

I also have a feeling this is just the start of the wedding plans falling into place... crossing fingers! Thanks Wyatt!

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome! very inspiring to hear about other young photographers starting businesses. great website, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very nice and good post. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete