Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hen Night! (i.e. Bachelorette Party!)


I didn't think I wanted a joint hen night with Alex. I'm still pretty sure I want us to have our own bachelorette parties in California with our own girlfriends. But last night changed my English-wedding-themed tune.

Alex and I went out on the town last night with friends Cate, Lish, Cat and Jo. We were supposed to go to a Brandi Carlile concert, but it was cancelled due to a power outage, so off to SoHo we went! A crazy-but-not-that-crazy night on the town brought us to Holborn where after turning the corner from Bloomsbury Square I was faced with a classic American neon sign reading: All Star Lanes. We were there to bowl.

Four Anchor Libertys, four Blue Moons, one Brooklyn, two Pin-Up Girls*, one milkshake and one bowling game later we all decided this had to be the place for Alex's and my joint hen night. Together. Eating. Drinking. Bowling.

Cate, "See, this is how it'll go: a few drinks at a cheap pub nearby, two games of bowling, two cocktails, maybe a round or two of shots, some dancing and maybe a little karoke. It'll be brilliant!"

Now that sounds like my kind of night out! And it's added to the list of things to plan--I can't wait!

*Pin-Up Girl = Wyborowa vodka, raspberry liqueur, lemon juice, bitters, basil, blueberry
syrup and prosecco = Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment