Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cake Toppers & Traditional English Wedding Cake

Have I told you yet how excited I am about our cake toppers? While we bought them a month ago while we were at Spitalfields Market in East London, we've decided if we can make them work with our traditional wedding cake, these cake toppers are a go!

Aren't they just rad? I know, I know, we're freakin' adorable.

And for those of you who don't know what traditional English wedding cake is (i.e. I'm assuming most of the Americans) a few more photos to show off the fruity and marzipan goodness that gets served in tiny slices at many English receptions. Alex would probably much prefer Victoria sponge or some other creation, but her mum and I vetoed her. Fruit cake it is.

Before the icing...

Flowers and pearls are common decoration

As previously mentioned, Alex's aunt is going to be baking and decorating our wedding cake for us. (Yeah!) In preparation for that, she sent along the design guide last week that she gives to all her clients--including everything from numbers of tiers to flavors and colors to fake or real flowers.

So far, the only thing we've decided is that we want 2 tiers, that's as far as we've gotten. However, looking at the cake toppers again, I'm thinking maybe square instead round, maybe colored marzipan instead of white...oh, the choices!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo with Alex! I HATE FRUITCAKE. Sponge cake sounds heavenly; all the frosting in the world cannot disguise heinous fruitcake!

    ReplyDelete