Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wedding Dresses!!!

So, I've done it: I've bought my wedding dress, and found the next one. The best part: I wasn't even trying to find a dress, let alone the dress or two dresses.

Basically, The English Department in Portland, OR rocked, the owner and designer, Elizabeth Dye pulling my perfect dress from the rack: "Dana" by Jenny Yoo. My friends and I fell in love instantly.

I tried it on that Tuesday, tried on the other dress Thursday, and bought it (in 'Snow,' not 'Garnet') on Friday. Now to change the straps on 'Dana' and order 'Jocelyn' (below) next summer! Bring on 2010!

Jocelyn in Poppy Red

And for those that are interested, it looks like the wedding dress total, for two dresses, will be well under $700 with both totally wearable or donate-able afterward. Yes!

5 comments:

  1. So awesome! They both look so fun and gorgeous! Happy dances abound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt, it's looking gorgeous. But one thing I wanna ask you, would it be possible to have in different sizes also? My cousin is little bit fatty that's why. Confirm me?
    Allvira,
    -----------------
    Venue Finders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allvira! Thanks for your comment. I just looked up Jenny Yoo's sizing chart and it looks like the sizes are from 0-22 (American dress sizes; 22 measurements: 48.5, 41.5, 51.5). That sounds like a pretty good range to me (my partner is a 16-18), but I'd be interested in your thoughts too. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Erica! You are going to be the most beautiful bride! Your dresses are fantastic! I love the little keyhole dress design, mAwww!, I'm gonna get all teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot erica for your quick response dear. I am so excited to get the positive from your side. See you soon...

    ReplyDelete